Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Random Angle - Inspiration

Finally, a night off.

And I get a chance to catch up on a little sleep. And a little Sherlock Holmes (wowzas - I love this version). And a little writing.

Question: When one is writing, does one go with the concept or the inspiration? I have little inspirations here and there that have come from the last few days, and I'm not yet sure if they will be able to fit in one cover. Torn between what is most relevant for me that day and the plot I was originally inspired to do. So many ideas flitting through my head that it's hard to even jot them down before they're lost to space.

2 comments:

none said...

i think the most important thing is to catch whatever is flowing at the moment and to save it someplace where you have at least a 0.002 percent chance of finding it again. in this, writing is always a bit like filling ice cube trays in a river.

Angela said...

I think that's great advice. I've been trying to catch whatever I can and write it down. All the riffraff bits and pieces that have been written down so far will make one hellofa wierd book. But we'll see :)