Saturday, November 13, 2010

Random - Friends and Art

So we had some wonderful friends over this week, which meant that I started the week at the beginning of November with a decent start on the book I am writing for National Novel Writing Month, and I ended the week in the middle of November with a stalled start on my book.

You know when you are working on a piece of art and you mention your idea to someone and then all of a sudden a magical twist in your brain unlocks all the drollness for the work and you find it extremely difficult to finish the work? I was really afraid that this would be the case if I mentioned to our guests exactly what I was working on. And then last night we discussed my idea and the themes of my books for nearly three hours, it seemed. And I found that it isn't droll at all, but the concepts I wish to present connect with others. Flabbergasted indeed.

So without further ado, I believe I should get my little heinie in gear.

No comments: