Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What Makes Happiness?


The exercise for this week's writer's workshop was "What makes you happy?" It's worth looking into. I started off making a list, just the first things that came to mind. I was intending to format it into some poem or something. But it just wanted to stay a list. So here it is. 
 
NOT being around frat humor
SNL when it first started
my mom's cooking
pinterest
rachel and lucas regier
alfred hitchcock movies
cowboy bebop, and other such marvelous anime
quiet neighborhoods
cuddly and happy animals
live professional classical music
live professional theater
conversations in the kitchen
family
modern female jazz singers
a good view from a window
a meal with lots of variety
nice fabrics
a stockpile of rich lotions and fancy chapsticks
being hydrated
getting stuff
nail polish that lasts a week
voluminous hair
a day at a zoo or in a garden
colorado springs, co
christmas
pictures
thai iced tea

All of these things involve memories with my husband. 

What makes you happy?

3 comments:

none said...

the icecream people (by charles bukowski)

Rachel said...

What a great assignment...lovely list. You make me happy...warm blankets...my son's smiles...snail mail...just to name a few.

none said...

for a more complete list of things that make me happy, see:
the library of babel (by jorge luis borges)