Monday, September 27, 2010

Random Angle

So I'm determined to enjoy winter this year.

The winter of '09-'08 was dreadful. It was miserably cold and we had just moved and were looking for jobs and I was realizing my small town Kansas roots weren't gone at all because the big chi-town was eating me like a crumpet at afternoon tea.

Last winter ('09-'10) wasn't bad. It was my introduction to Harry Potter, and that season of my life will always be remembered fondly. But the winter as a whole wasn't a dreamboat experience, for sure.

And for this winter, I have list of books, a longer list of movies, a few flute songs to learn, some poems to finish, a growing list of Chicagoans that I, indeed, can call friends, and a lot of plays to watch. Not to mention those glorious holidays in November/December.

What have been my favorite things so far this fall? (I can hear you asking this)

1. PRI's Selected Shorts Short Stories. Oh the magic of a short story. I get all giddy just thinking about their selection of stories and the great list of actors, tony, oscar and emmy winners who read them. They're just short little snippets of imagination to make you think.

2. Our neighborhood has had a delicious smell of campfire smoke and fireplace almost every night it is chilly. This is not something that we had in our old neighborhood, Logan Square, and it's delicious. It makes a brisk walk marvelous.

3. Gearing up for Mike's next play, Gross Indecency, the Three Trials of Oscar Wilde. We have both since taken an interest in Oscar Wilde, and this has made me wonderfully anxious for the show.

No comments: