Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Inspiration

It's always hardest to write that first blog post after a hiatus. I have been busy, for sure. Christmas was a wonderful little break from an extra stressful December that foreshadowed an even more stressful January (so far at least) at work. Michael and I came back from Christmas with one less car, two weakened immune systems, and a year's worth of books. Here's a sample of what I've read since the middle of December:

The Red Tent, by Anita Diamante (The story of Dinah, Jacob's only daughter) 3.5 out of 5 stars. It could of easily been more, except so much of the book was based off of Anita's imagination. But enticing and interesting nonetheless.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larson 3.5 out of 5 stars. (Swedish suspense trilogy that everyone knows about by now) Suspenseful writing that you can revel in, but some parts are a bit painful to get through.

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief and The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan Both 3 out of 5 stars A fun little read after a long, draining day of work that gives your brain a rest and lets your imagination go a little crazy.

The Great Hunt, Wheel of Time Series, Book 2 by Robert Jordan 4 out of 5 stars. A great follow-up adventure fantasy to the start of a wonderfully creative series.

And the book that got me to drag out my computer after sitting at a computer all day at work and update my blog is Ella Price's Journal, by Dorothy Bryant.
What brought me to share my thoughts about my recent mind travels is the first page of the book, describing the perfect journaling project in a college class. I love journaling projects. I journaled way too much as a kid, and I now consider my poetry and my blog the honing of journaling that's actually worth reading.

No comments: